Critical Analysis Lab and Discussion Board: Addressing the consequences of prejudice and discrimination
No unread replies.No replies.
IMPORTANT: Read through the entire instructions first and be sure you are answering the questions as asked.
DISCUSSION PROMPT: Discuss one way you might address the problems that prejudice and discrimination pose for the United States today? You may apply material related to race and ethnicity, gender or both in your initial discussion post. (You must post your initial post first and then you will be able to see your classmates’ posts and respond to at least one of them)
Things you must do in your discussion post:
1. First and foremost, you must draw directly from course material and support all claims with support from course material. The discussion boards are intended to discuss course material and research. When supporting claims you are making, provide the page number or section number you are drawing from to make a statement or claim. You can say something like, “As stated in the textbook…” or “As research has found…” and the provide the citation. Minimize the use of direct quotations (no more than one or two short quotes)–everything should be in your own words.
2. Specifically state the problem(s) that prejudice and discrimination pose that you will be trying to address. You are focusing on the consequences or results of prejudice and discrimination in this discussion.
3. Specifically state the way you might address the problem(s). Be specific–really think through how you might approach the problems posed. Focusing on a specific area might help you answer this question easier as I know this is a huge question in general.
4. Identify the perspective(s) you find yourself using–theoretically and politically as discussed in your textbook. What kind of arguments are you making (functionalist? conflict? symbolic interactionist? liberal? conservative? radical?) Link the perspective to the specific ideas you are discussing. You may start, for example, by saying something like, “From a functionalist perspective, I think that …. could be done.”; or you could say, “I find myself coming at these problems from a racialist perspective. I say this because…”
Things you must not do in your discussion post:
1. Personally attack your classmates for their views.
2. Use slang or abbreviations. This is an academic environment and as such formal, academic language is expected.
3. Use information from outside course material. Stick to your textbook material, videos, supplemental files provided on Canvas.
**Note: If you want to use information from an outside source, say to address a current event in your discussion post, you may email me and provide the source. I will review it and get back to with approval or not. Unapproved sources will result in points being deducted.
Refer back to the syllabus for netiquette guidelines for discussion boards for more detail
Minimum requirements: Initial post: 2-3 full paragraphs
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.