GIVEN GENE IS eyeless (ey)
Talking points for the body of the paper.
The Introduction section of the review started with the heading: Introduction. The main part of the paper, or body is a series of sections that explores gene function in more detail. I would like your paper body to have 3 sections. You can have more than 3. Each of these also with a heading. Here is the first section:
Functions of X during Drosophila development. (or something like that). Remember you were admonished to leave out some things about gene function in the Introduction. Here is where they get put in.
1a. Describe details of X expression and function. Your gene is likely expressed in more than one place and time, and so it is involved in more than one aspect of development. You will need at least one Figure for this. So likely a Figure 2 will be cited here, and it will be of pictures that you have lifted from the literature here and there. Remember how to cite figures in your paper. Dont include these figures though. Just cite them. Remember figures go into a later section in the manuscript. Along the way, address
1b. What is controlling your genes expression. Your gene is controlled by other genes. Please describe a bit of this.
2. Gene function(s). Over some paragraphs, describe the various functions of your gene in Drosophila, and how we know about those functions. Here you would explore structural features of the protein product, and how that tells us certain aspects of function. Phenotypes from mutations of the gene needs to be brought up here. This reinforces views of the genes function. Can by amorphic, hypomorphic, or you can describe both. Sometimes you will encounter descriptions of temperature-sensitive mutations. These are especially interesting. Cite one or more figures that you will include later. You should have a figure supporting these findings about gene function about protein structural features and about mutant phenotypes. This figure can be either part of Figure 2 (a figure with multiple pictures or panels) or it can be a new figure Figure 3. Your choice.
3. Transgenic studies (optional). [NOTE: If this is done, and if it gets lengthy, I would make this a separate section. You would then have 2 of the 3 required sections in your body.] For many genes, up-front knowledge about the gene function comes from manipulating expression of the gene in transgenic fruit flies. This enters into some pretty intricate terminology about the genetic constructs that are made and what they do. If you embark on this, as ever I remind you that I can help explain the terminology.
4. Here are some more pointers about preparing the ground for figures. In these paragraphs you will be citing various figures that give visual support to telling your reader about your gene. To be clear, you will need to A. take screen shots of figures from the literature. Be sure to keep track of your sources, though! You will need that for citations of those sources. B. You can certainly have multiple pictures (panels) in one figure, and these panels can be from different sources. C. The text in the body pertaining to the figure should describe some details about the figure (as in dont leave the reader wondering what the heck the figure is or why its there). But you dont need to provide exhaustive, exacting detail. The figures will have captions (to be written later), and the captions provide the necessary high detail. D. You can draw your own figure! Thats right! I mean an original figure, not a tracing from the literature. This can be done by hand, for example, and then photographed and made ready to insert. If you find the photo quality is poor, then feel free to email it to me. I have very sophisticated software and lots
of experience in processing pictures.
Later sections of the body: Following that earlier section about gene function, I would like you to build two more sections (more if you want). Each with its own sub-title. Here is a menu you might choose from.
1. The significance of X in other animals. (Again, you can certainly choose wording).
2. Possible roles of X during evolution of animal body plans. Or you can describe some comparative studies. Is a gene controlling segmentation in Drosophila used as such in other arthropods? In vertebrates?
3. The specific roles of X during human development. Normal development.
4. The roles of X in human disorders. Birth defects. Cancer. Whatever comes up.
Remember: In these sections you will want more figures, separate from figures youve done so far. There will later be captions for these figures.
I need this to be TRIPLE SPACED.
Append REFERENCES to the end of the Discussion. For now these can just be url addresses but for real papers. Those should include actual papers. Not just citations of FlyBase, or The Interactive Fly or whatever.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.